My Favorite Bag (Bag O' Shrimps)!


Ever since Stacy and I met the beautiful couple behind Bag O' Shrimps, we instantly became loyal customers!


Bag O' Shrimps is one of the first restaurants who introduced the concept of shrimp boil in a bag here in Manila. Last Tuesday, they invited us for a feast because they recently opened their third branch in Kapitolyo, just right behind Pioneer Center (Pasig)! 


This branch is packed during lunch time, and I'm not surprised! With their signature sauces and fresh seafood, who wouldn't want to binge here during break time?


Their mural is so cute! It reminds me of the classic story book illustrations back then I was a kid. I love how bright and beach-y the place is. They nailed it! I personally think they really outdid themselves with the interior design on this branch. 






I remember meeting the husband and wife owners, Jandrew and Princess back when they launched their debut restaurant in McKinley years ago. We prayed before eating and we talked briefly about our faith and which church we attend to. We've been meaning to go to service together but having 3 kids isn't an easy feat, so it's still a date we have yet to schedule. It always excites me when I meet people who share the same faith and are fellow believers. So when I saw this mural, I thought it was so perfect and apt for their resto. 💖



with the OG Bag O' Momma, Princess

She's so beautiful and fun to talk to. What a very down to earth lady, too. I remember during our initial meeting, she shared how hesitant she was to put up a resto that she thought of selling her shrimp boil via Instagram! I reminded her about that conversation and we both laughed. Look at how far they've already come. 💪


Stacy with Monique Jamlang, PR for Bag O' Shrimps


TIME TO EAT!!!

Kamote fries: 
crispy, tasty, and very addictive. I think it was baked because there was no trace of oil in this dish.


Our favorite: the Bag O' Momma!


The concept is to create your own bag of delicious seafood goodness. You can choose from mussels, shrimps, crabs or clams (even combine your own) and choose the base sauce (lemon pepper, garlic butter, cajun and their specialty, the bag o' momma) and the level of spiciness. Add on sweet corn and sausages (local or imported) for a more filling meal and voila, you're ready to feast!


Crab bomb sticks

Jalapeno peppers with cheese and crab sticks wrapped in light and crispy wonton served with garlic mayo dip. P E R F E C T I O N ! 


BEAUTIFUL MESS

(We were also served the Bag O' Poppa and some crab boil but we were so into our conversations and eating that I forgot to take photos. LELS)


I think we were the most chatty table, which I enjoyed incredibly! I shared that I think having a date here is perfect, because people have to eat with their hands, not allowing their date to touch his/her phone! GENIUS! Haha! Now you two are really going to have to talk and be focused! LELS!



with Jandrew and Princess, the Bag O' Poppa and Bag O' Momma


all smiles for a filling and sumptuous lunch!

Thanks, Bag O' Shrimps! You're definitely my favorite bag! We'll be back soon (maybe for dinner later, because this post made me hungry)!

Check out their full menu here.



Masarap talaga ang hipon,
—D


Tags:

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates