My First Indoor Cycling Experience




Last Tuesday, CycleHouse opened its doors to bloggers and members of the press for a private and exclusive spinning class. Stacy had a bad experience with a different indoor cycling studio before, where she strained her back because the bike wasn't set up right. I think she came in late and she was assisted in the dark since the class had already begun (yikes). To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive because my knees aren't as strong as they used to be (torn my left ligament twice), but I was assured that it will be a safe and fun ride for beginners. 

reception area

locker room (their shower rooms are clean and neat!!!)

Aly of Spectrum Fair Manila, cracking jokes 

the early birds

set up time

The class started at 3pm, and immediately, we were led to the cycling room. It was dark and little cold, but I knew it was going to be a fitness party soon enough! We were provided with towels, magnetic shoes, and cold bottles of water as we entered the room. Coach Mitch introduced herself and briefed us right away.


Coach Mitch was a great motivator! SHE'S A BEAST! I loved her style! She was so enthusiastic and to simply watch her go through the class like a breeze was already so amusing. I think I just sat there amazed at her strength and endurance half of the time. LELS! 💪

I enjoyed that we were guided through different levels of intensity the entire session. There were times we were asked to imagine that we were going up a mountain, or running, or walking. I loved it!  We even "floated" (you gotta try it to know what it is)! The bike had a little knob in front where you can increase or decrease the bike's resistance. Coach Mitch made sure that we experienced all levels of intensity. Her musical choices were awesome, too! At one point I was singing to the songs and it felt like I was in a club, only this time, it had health benefits! LELS 😎

(There were times it was a bit difficult to hear Coach Mitch because of the volume of the music, but it didn't affect my workout at all since I could just mirror her actions, and she instructed us well before the class started anyway.)


It was definitely a total body workout! We were even asked to lift weights while spinning! WHEW! Good thing Coach Mitch reiterated that it's okay to follow our own pace, and that we shouldn't be pressured to keep up, most especially if we're already feeling extreme exhaustion.


The hour flew by so fast. It must be the pumping music and the room's collective energy. It's totally different when you're spinning with other people as compared to hitting the gym alone! Several times, I'd hear someone shout "WOOH!!!" while spinning, and I would snicker in delight!

stre e e  e   e    e     e        t           c       h


We ended the class with healthy snacks. What a perfect way to end a workout!

with my friends
Rona (@rownita), Martha (The Beauty Junkee), Shari (The Misty Mom) and Teena (Ang Kikay Ko)

Pose pa rin kahit pagoda na!


I'd definitely recommend CycleHouse to those who are looking for a new fitness experience! If you like loud, pumping music and good cardio, then this workout is definitely for you. 🎶


Check out CycleHouse here.
They are located at Padilla Building (across Strata 2000), Ortigas, Pasig.
For inquiries, contact 0915 825 5556.


I feel the burn, beshie!
—D

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates