To My Soulmate


They say to find your soul mate is one of the most beautiful and wonderful gifts life can surprise you with. Some people search all their lives to find the soul that fits theirs perfectly, the soul that intertwines snuggly with theirs, creating a majestic weave of chemistry, connection, and love. Authentic love. The highest form of love. The Agape kind of love. Lucky me, the God of the Universe decided to knit me in my mother's womb with my soul mate.


Identical, formed with the very same cells, with close to 100% DNA similarity. We’re not just soul mates, we’re womb mates. When I look at her, I see my face. When I hear her voice, I hear mine. When I am away and alone, people look for her like a missing limb from my body. We are a unit, but we are still our individual persons. Same, but different. Oh boy, what a contrast.

My twin sister was dubbed as “the evil twin" growing up (don't take it too literally, it's a playful joke). She’s the strong-headed one, the feisty one. She speaks her mind and will stop at nothing to get what she wants, even at the risk of danger. The one with the rebel heart. Her experiences has allowed her to wander off into the darkness, but always, she finds her way back. It must be her ability to know when to seek the Light and relentlessly track it.

She’s come a long way, my soul mate. I have seen her both aching in the deep and dancing in the highs, but one thing is certain—she has always remained strong.

To my soul mate—

Look at you. Look at the wild beauty that you now are. You have survived countless blows and jabs from Life, but you’ve always managed to pick yourself up, only to fight harder with your own punches. You have healed from the wounds they brought and have been resurrected to the Queen that you are. You are fierce and lovely all at the same time.


Thank you for being a delight to my soul. I love how our home is filled with laughter the moment we wake until the moment we sleep, because you simply are doing you. Your weirdness, your sarcastic wit; when you burst into a silly dance number and when you say the dumbest things. For a smart girl, you can be pretty hilariously dense sometimes, and it’s such a fun, light-hearted quirk people love about you.


Thank you for nourishing my body. You have prepared and cooked food for me since the day we moved out. Remember when you burned some eggs for breakfast and we ended up having an argument during our first week of adulting? You’ve pushed yourself to improve, and now everything you create awakens the senses of the fortunate ones who get to have a taste. You feed people not just with the dishes you make, but with the joy and love you season every meal. You are an excellent cook (it shows every time you hover over me in the kitchen, lels). You have pushed me to level up with my health and wellness, too, and it matters a lot. It has changed my life. The way you nag me about taking my vitamins, send me into guilt trips when I cheat, and tease me for being the lola you always have to look after, I really appreciate that about you.

Thank you for accepting all of me. I know I can be too much sometimes , as you say, I’m always “extra.” But to be honest, I think you love that about me (TELL THE TRUTH; SAY IT). When we sing our lungs out in our birthday suits and dance to 80s music (and just jiggle all over our home); when we tease each other with the stupidest things; when I wake up to your purrs and meows and warm cuddles; when we act like crazy baboons and make a fool out of ourselves until we end up gasping for air as we drown in the loudness of our laughter. Thank you for making weird look so cool, and allowing me to have safe space to share my antics with you.


Thank you for embracing your beauty the way God designed it. The way you rock your nose rings and wear your cropped tops, the way you dealt with those too-short bangs—these are so refreshing. You fascinate me. With so many women being conscious about achieving perfection, you shake things up, rock the box, and show them a different way to it. You are perfection in yourself. You are the epitome of flawsome.


Thank you for loving Jesus. You have inspired me to keep running the race of our faith. You have chiseled me and sharpened me in terms of my spiritual growth. When I see your commitment and effort to keep walking in this journey, it makes me want to do the same. I see the fruits of His Spirit ripening in your own life and it’s such a blessing to witness it from front row seats.

My dearest baby fluff, my kuki cat, the B1 to my B2, my womb mate—

Happiest birthday, Stacy. Your passion in our purpose as advocates and Christians is a gift to the world. You shine bright because you are far more precious than rubies. You are a warrior Queen, and your love is so worthy to be fought for. You have gone through hell and back, and I look forward to the day that I get to share your splendor with the man who can handle your boldness and bravery.

I love you till eternity. I praise and thank the God of the Heavens for you.

💕Proverbs 3:15-18💕

PS: Stay awesome. B.B.B.B.B.B.B. (cheret). 
PPS: Libre mo ko sapatos.
PPPS (imbento): Dapat gagawa ako ng beedjo mo, kaso wala na tayong oras. Lamo naman this week, Instastories lang ang pahinga. Baka sa 30th birthday na lang natin ‘yun.


Nagmamahal mong womb mate,
—D 

Tags:

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates