Eggnog, Confetti, and Family

It's our second time to host New Year's Eve dinner for the family since they like the view of fireworks here at our place once midnight is nearing.

I told Stacy we should add decors to make the night more festive and fun. Syempre violent reaction si atey dahil gastos pa daw, but I only spent around P700! It totally added the cheery atmosphere I wanted for the celebration! YAY! 🎈🎉🎶



Stacy and I cut out stars from fine paper. I also did the 2017 wall decals from scratch (yehesss, all my lettering skills from high school paid off, LELS).


Daiso balloons save the day!


I got the metallic hats from Daiso, and bought 4 different designs of sequins from National Bookstore. I just simply sprinkled them all over the table cloth (which I super love, BTW! It's the exchange gift I got from this super awesome Christmas party) and voila, a really cute touch!


I also made simple table place cards to add more fancy.


My tita seriously makes the best homemade creamy seafood chowder!


Mom's mechado, Stacy's zucchini lasagna and cauli rice, my roast chicken with gravy, my uncle's buttered shrimps and BBQ from Nathaniel's. My aunt's eggnog didn't make it to the photo. We were thirsty! 😜  For dessert, we had buko pandan from Nathaniel's, too! 💚 


My family in the Philippines: my grandma, aunt, mom, and uncle 
(missing my other aunt Jayne and my cousins in Canada!)


My mother came over with a smile on her face. She loves to surprise us with gifts, I believe it's her love language. She got me this hilarious planner from Fully Booked. These are her "New Year's Eve gifts" daw. Is there such a thing? Haha! I ain't complaining!


I cannot to wait "suck hard" on these. Hahaha, my mom is the best!


My mom and bestfriend 💖
(I love cheap party supplies, check out my light up Happy New Year headband from National Bookstore! 
It was 20% off pa!)


Don't mind my toe curl.

What I wore:
Kaftan from SXY
Dress from Designer Rack Outlets (Baguio)
Necklace from F21
Watch from Rolex

Rolling into 2017 (get it? LELS)

#BodyPositivity never goes out of trend, kahit 3017 na!
May we all appreciate the bodies we're gifted with and shut our mouths when we feel like we can comment negatively towards others. May we realize that bashing someone's body to counter-argue is never cool. May we learn that jokes about other people's bodies stem from dumb, tasteless humor and we're all better than that.
Lastly, may we all love our bodies enough to pursue its optimal health, and know that health is an outfit that looks different on everyone. 💖


💕💕💕

I got to pray for my family before chowing down our scrumptious dinner last night. It was sincere and honest, and truth be told, some parts I don't even know where they came from. It's true, out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. I love my family. I have nothing but the best prayers and hopes for them. I won't pretend I have the best one because I don't. To love your family can be difficult at times. But this year, I want to be intentional with serving and caring for them. I know it's a desire I need to constantly commit to, since my adult life right now is mostly centered on career, adulting, and friends. I need my whys to sustain my hows.

I remember during the last retreat I attended, one of the speakers said, "If you truly love your family, you will put them first." Wow. What a scary yet beautiful perspective.


Say aaaaaaahhhhhh... PPY NEW YEAR! 😝😝😝
(thanks to AirOptix for my contacts in Pure Hazel)





I can't wait to see what's in store for us this 2017!

I got to thank Stacy for making my 2016 awesome before the family arrived. I thanked for the ride, the lessons, and the relationship we have. This year, God peeled off the bandages from old wounds so they could truly heal. It was painful yet essential to our growth as twin sisters. Stacy is hard evidence that I am truly blessed and loved by God.





“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” 

—Maya Angelou

I know I'm ready for 2017. I'll be writing about the vision I have for myself this year soon.


"because I am doing something new! Now you will grow like a new plant. Surely you know this is true. I will even make a road in the desert, and rivers will flow through that dry land."
🌿  Isaiah 43:19 🌿


Bagay rin pala sa'kin yellow,
—D

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates