Intentions


Yesterday, we closed the Intentional Discipleship Conference at CCF Main, my home church 
(it's the big building in Tiendesitas along C5, just in case you want to check it out!).


It was my first time to join a discipleship conference, so I really didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that the line up of speakers were amazing (Michael Ramsden, yassss! Sam Chand was pretty awesome, too).

Aumar Aguilar and Venus Raj hosted the 3-day event.


Michael Ramsden is one of the best speakers for me (alongside Dr. Sam Chand). He is the International Director for Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, a group of speakers all over the globe who aim to "reach and challenge those who shape of a culture with the credibility of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." Their vision is "to build a team with a fivefold thrust of evangelism, apologetics, spiritual disciplines, and humanitarian support [...] (RZIM.org)."

This man never wastes a sentence during his sermons. Everything he shares and utters is necessary and important to drive to his point. I love his logical approach when discussing and expounding biblical principles and truths. It doesn't hurt that he's British and has dry humor, too. 

with Shekinah, my soul sistah (we're in the same d-group under...)

STEPHANIE TAN! She isn't reading the bible, she's carefully and intensely reading the menu! (LELS)

TEXT NG TEXT, AY!


WHY, BABY PUFFFF?


One of the topics that struck my spirit the most is the principle of STEWARDSHIP. Man, when Pastor Peter (Tan-Chi) started talking about it, his and God's words cut through me like a knife. I have to realize that everything I have is just ENTRUSTED to me, they aren't mine—the money, the skills, the talents, the blessings, the relationships. At the end of my life, Jesus will take into account everything I did with these gifts, and I will be responsible with how I valued and spent them (Matthew 25:28-30).

The other favorite insight I got (I have tons, I'm bursting with learnings, promise) is from Edric Mendoza. It's called THE ONE MAN PRINCIPLE. He urges Christians to be authentic, as he asked us the question, "Are you the same person inside the home as you are outside? In church? In ministry? In the workplace?" It's a good question to ask, since church culture can be so easily assimilated in our lives, especially if you're always around fellow believers. But what matters is the integrity we cultivate, because we have to model Christ EVERYWHERE WE GO, WITH WHOEVER WE ARE. Easier said than done, but a true loving relationship with Jesus will naturally make us want to assume responsibility over every aspect of our lives.

Lastly, I have to be intentional with sharing Christ to my sphere of influence. Time is running out, and more than duty, it should come from the overflow of my heart, simply because I love Jesus that much and I know that receiving Him in one's life is the best decision any person could make.


What I wore:

Massimo Dutti knit top
MSE white pants
Hue Manila nude sandals
Givenchy bag
Rolex watch
Charriol bracelent
Pearl earrings

Take 1

OK PUSH!


Here's my face of the day! I've been getting a lot of compliments from my photo below. 😚😚😚
I think y'all like it when I wear light-colored lippies! 💄


Contacts from AirOptix
Primer from Benefit (Porefessional Gel)
Mascara from Benefit (They're Real)
Contour from Happy Skin
Black eyeliner pencil from NYX
Black eyeliner pen from Maybelline
Brow pencil from LO'rèal
Blush from Benefit (Dandelion)
Lipstick from The Balm, Matte Hughes (Sincere)
Nails by Beauty & Butter



I hope you had a meaningful and insightful weekend! Happy SONday, besh! 
—D

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates