A Chilly Christmas (Part 1 of 4)

When my mom told us that we're heading up Baguio for the holidays, I got terribly excited. So excited I started planning out my outfits days before our departure (LELS).

Baguio is a city that I have fond memories of. I remember going up the mountains with my family back when I was 6 years old. The zigzagging roads were enough to amuse me back when there were no phones or tablets to make a traveling child sit still. Stacy and I would chase butterflies in the fields of flowers, pick fresh, plump strawberries, and enjoy the cold weather with my tita's hot cocoa. Fast forward to when I was 16, it was my first travel experience with my then boyfriend, and to snuggle with your first love with the moist air kissing your face gives a nice kind of chills.

As the year closes, I've emotionally gone through something comparable to an almost hit-and-run. At the end of it, I'm relieved it didn't actually happen, but still, I am shaken.

I've been constantly messaging my mamajama, Isa, and this is what she told me:
I love you. I know you're feeling so many things and sometimes, it feels like anger is the most delicious emotion of all. It will pass. Let it pass. Then you decide what to do. Use this trip to gather your thoughts and collect your feelings. Grieve. Be angry. Let it all out. You don't have anything to prove to anyone. This is your life and your heart. You're doing what's good for you. I'm so proud. 
I've been praying for my heart to be stitched up and filled again, because more than anything, I feel like I have failed myself and my God. I've been praying for joy to come embrace me, and slowly, thanks to His faithfulness and grace, it did.

I felt God's hugs all throughout the trip (the fact that we were able to book a suite in the middle of December is a miracle!). The weather was perfect, my family was with me, and just His sheer knack for creation was more than enough for me to marvel at His goodness and love. I finally took the spotlight away from the brokenness and wretchedness of my heart, and I shifted the gaze to His never-ending compassion and mercy. God has and will always meet me, wherever I am. That's the beauty of following Jesus. I can rest in the fact that His story in my life isn't about my frailty as a human being. It's always been about His redemption in me.

I'll tell you more of this soon. For now, enjoy my photos. I think they look delicious! Ineffortan ko 'yan, mga beshie. LELS. 😚💋💕
wearing my Nyx Lingerie lipstick in Lipli (haircut by Azta Urban Salon)

Baguio Country Club
our room's view

heading to dinner



What I wore:
Coat from Greenhills (overruns)
Kamison from Better Basics (IG: @betterbasics_)
Scarf from Burberry
Socks from Tokyo, Japan
Ankle boots from SM Parisian Plus
Bag from Givenchy


The Oddams Family


Gabe Mercado, a great thespian and friend, was spending the holidays in Baguio, too! We met up for his birthday salubong at this hidden bar near Baguio Craft Brewery. He had to fetch us because we couldn't find it. Finally, Gabe led us to a door with a peephole, so the doorman can see the guests before letting them in. It felt so mysterious and exclusive, I loved it.

I was with my twin sister and uncle, and for some reason, we jumped right into life talks. You know, those real, genuine conversations you have with a small crowd, and you just feel safe to bare your heart and soul and put them into words. It was my first hang out with Gabe, other than our time together at my first ever rally. I admire how authentic he is, he's so cool.


We headed home and the night drive totally gave me the feels. I started pouring my heart out to my twin and uncle. I told them how grateful I am for life, for them, and how God's been so gracious to our family despite our weirdness and quirks. We blasted the music and sang our lungs out. We got back to the hotel around 1am.

It was a great day 1.

Check out day 2 here, and day 3 here.

—D

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates