Romantic Set Back


A setback in romance doesn’t mean you weren’t good enough. A break-up isn’t the end. Singleness isn’t a deficit (and many times it’s a choice and a gift). A bad season of a relationship doesn’t define the whole thing. These things can hurt, but they’re also not you. And if you must work on something in yourself, it can’t be about romance. You need wholeness between you and God before you can be whole with someone else. I’m so grateful that I had the opportunity to get that right.

—J.S. Park (on his blog post: Breaking Up and Getting Back Together)

I'm so blessed to have this amazing author and pastor in my "messenger favorites". We haven't physically met each other yet, but the friendship he has gifted me with is something I constantly learn from and value. He's one of the very few men I trust and pour out my heart to, simply because I know that his friendship is one of the safest places I can bare my worries, sins, and darkness to, and he will never use it against me.

I praise God for you, P. Joon!

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates