A Raintree Thanksgiving


A few weeks ago, Mela Sison, Raintree's marketing-queen-turned-friend-of-ours invited us to have a thanksgiving lunch at Izakaya Sensu + Chotto Matte, one of their chain of restaurants around BGC (Raintree is the mastermind behind M Café, Chelsea, Rocketroom/Stella, and Providore).


Chotto Matte is the speak easy bar, and Izakaya Senzu is the restaurant. Both areas complement each other perfectly, with the bright ambiance, clean atmosphere, and modern Asian interiors. They offer the best highballs, cocktails, sake, and of course, sushi, sashimi, and authentic Japanese cuisine. Raintree collaborated with PIGLET Tokyo to create the freshest Japanese hotspot in Netpark, BGC. 





Mela sure knows how to prepare a thanksgiving spread!

Kaisou Salad

I liked the variety of greens and the mildly sweet Asian dressing for this. (4/5)

Omakase Sashimi 5

All the different kinds of sashimi in this spread were so fresh and delicious, they almost melt in your mouth! Even the lato (sea weed) was so perfect, it didn't have that overpowering ocean taste. (5/5)

Sakura Smile

Sweet and fruity but with a kick (4/5)

Grilled Garlic Edamame

Fresh and very tasty! (5/5)

Dragon Roll

Unagi, cucumber, flying fish roe, and crispy tempura flakes (4/5)

Teba Age

I loved the dressing and crispiness of the chicken. I really enjoyed this dish! (5/5)

Shake Shioyaki

The salmon is tender and very fresh. It wasn't as juicy as I'd like, but it's still very delicious nonetheless. (3.5/5)

Yakitori Deluxe

Best served as appetizers! This is a winner platter for me! (5/5)

Miso Chocolate Cake, Red Bean Sponge Cake & Matcha Belgian White Chocolate Cheesecake

I've been vocal about avoiding sugar, but this time, I had to give in and indulge (it's the holidaze, c'mon). The Miso Chocolate Cake tops my dessert list for this one, but the Matcha Belgian White Chocolate Cheesecake made me enjoy the green tea flavor because of its creaminess and right amount of sweetness. (both 5/5, I didn't taste the Red Bean Sponge Cake)


What I wore:
Nariz Ong dress (designed by me)
Payless shoes
Salty Treasures necklace
Rolex watch
Colorstone diamond studs

with Alexis, the genius behind ForkSpoonManila!

💖💖💖💖

We were enjoying our lunch when I asked the table what three things they are grateful for for 2016. It's thanksgiving, and I wanted to initiate life talks. I like deep conversations. They bring joy to my spirit and I like connecting to people that way. I really learn from others when they share authentically from the heart. Although small talk is inescapable and sometimes necessary, I want to challenge myself to elevate the level of conversations whenever I am out and about for events.

We all shared what's on our list, and it was a delight to know what makes other people thankful and happy. As for me, here are the top 3 things I am grateful for for 2016.

1. I thank God for opening the door for us to be published authors. Never did I imagine that choosing to blog about body positivity would forever change the course of our lives. I thank Him that we are able to reach out to more women through this book, and that the feedback we have received so far is overwhelmingly positive. 

2. I thank God for the bad times. This year, if there's anything I've truly learned from the heart, it's resting in God's peace. There are so many moments that I had every reason to be angry, to manipulate or control, or to have an all out bitch fit, but by God's grace, I was able to handle these tough times well because I can chill in the fact that God already knows everything that's about to happen to me, and He can pull me through. There are still unresolved issues in my life, but trusting and waiting on God's next move has calmed and stilled my restless soul more than you can ever imagine.

3. I thank God for Stacy's influence in my wellness and health. This year, Stacy really pushed me to take care of my health through nutrition. It was very difficult at first, just how it naturally is when you step out of your comfort zone. It's going to take a lot of mental effort to shift your perspective, but once you feel the difference, there's really no turning back. I feel healthier, I feel greater, and it's all an overflow of self-love. When you know your whys, it's a lot easier to follow through with your commitments. I'm taking care of my body simply because I choose to love and honor it, and this year has been truly a testament of that. I am proud.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
My makeup look:


AirOptix brown contacts
Benefit Porefessional gel primer
The Balm Matte Hughes liquid lipstick in Sincere (Beauty Bar)
Benefit blush in Dandelion
Mary Kay gel liner
L'Oréal brow artist pencil
The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony eye shadow palette
Revlon Photoready Air Brush Effect foundation
Benefit contour powder in Hoola

{{ Hair color by Azta Urban Salon }}


Let's practice attitude of gratitude,
—D


Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates