Baguio Hits: THE COFFEE LIBRARY

I got a message from my tita saying that Stephanie, her inaanak, opened a café in Baguio a year ago, and that she'd appreciate it if we visited her. She reminded me that Stephanie used to be one of our playmates back when we were 6 years old, whenever we would have a vacation in La Union with our family. I think her grandparents owned the luxurious beach house we always stayed at. Being a fan of reconnections and gastronomical treats, Stacy and I agreed right away.



The Coffee Library is a 10-minute drive from Baguio Country Club, located at Rex Hall, Upper Bonifacio street. Its ambiance is cozy and quite spacious, and the lights make it conducive for study or getting cooped up with your nose buried in between the pages of a good book. I didn't get to take a look at her selection, but she has numerous shelves filled with stacks of books. 

It was unfortunate that we ran out of The Big Fat Book of Self Love. I wanted to gift it to Stephanie. I promised her I'll ship her one copy as soon as I get some stocks. 


The place was packed. There were even some foreigners doing their exchange gift beside our table. They were all so adorable. I overheard them talk about Christianity for a bit, I felt my spirit smile.



We were quite surprised that all their dishes are below P400! The serving is generous and hefty.

Creamy seafood pasta

Sardine pasta

Fried Vietnamese spring rolls
I absolutely loved this! The crunchiness of the wrap and the freshness of the veggies perfectly danced in my mouth. Dip it in the sweet and spicy vinegar and it's an explosion of delicious!!! LELS. 😛Stephanie and Stephen had flown to Vietnam to study the recipes of the dishes they wanted to include in their menu. I must say, they nailed it! 10/10!!!

Buffalo wings

 Everyone knows I'm the ultimate buffalo chick. Talk chicken wings and I'm there. Back when we were kids, I've had a a fondness for Don Henrico's wings, but I've always thought the batter and size of the chicken could be improved. BUT THIS ONE! OH MAN. {{ P E R F E C T I O N ! }} It was love at first bite! I swear, the bleu cheese sauce, the tenderness of the meat, and the crispiness of the skin—absolutely divine. If I can pick one star dish from everything I've tasted at The Coffee Library, this has got to be it!


Vanilla strawberry tea + Matcha shake
The vanilla strawberry tea is freshly brewed. I asked them to lessen the sugar by 50% (hey, I gotta live a little) since I've been avoiding sugar completely the past 5 months. It was still sweet to me, but I guess it's because I've been quite used to my healthy diet that small amounts are easily magnified by my tastebuds. I love that they put fresh strawberry slices, I enjoyed poking it with my straw, gliding it to the brim, and munching on it after I finished the drink. Stacy, of course, ordered the green matcha shake. 


I ordered their beef salpicao. I didn't get to finish it because I was all over the buffalo wings. It's one of their bestsellers, but it's not my favorite. I ended up eating Stacy's grilled tuna because it was really good. I think it was the sweetness of the sauce that didn't sit well with me, but my uncle liked it! They usually serve this with rice, but I asked them to replace it with steamed veggies instead, which they graciously abided by.

with Stephanie and Stephen, the couple behind this must-try café! How awesome are their names? Meant to be nga naman! 💖

Overall, I'd give them a 4.5/5. The pricing is reasonable, the place is easy to find, and the food is so good. The place was full so we had to follow up some of our orders, but the friendliness and politeness of the staff totally made up for it.

If you're around Baguio, check out The Coffee Library! Don't forget to bring a good book or a deck of cards if you just wanna chill and hang out with your pals.

—D

Tags:

Share:

0 comments

Copyright © 2015 The Danah Soars. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates